Future National Narrow Gauge Conventions are scheduled for:
- 2021 - Hickory, NC
- 2022 - Seattle/Tacoma, WA
- 2023 - Denver, CO
It has long been a tradition that future convention hosts are chosen by the attendees of prior conventions, with that selection process being managed by the current host committee. In this way, our community has been able to organize forty successive conventions without a need for an over-arching, national organization.
Lead times of several years are required to ensure that the future hosts have time to arrange facilities and events. It is a good idea to maintain the regular cadence of locations between the east, west and mid-west, so an eastern location would be ideal for 2024 before heading westward for 2025. But, in Sacramento in 2019, no bids were made for 2024 or for 2025 - so we had hope to secure these bids in St. Louis in September 2020. To enable future hosts to have enough time to prepare future conventions, we are proposing that:
- Groups wishing to host a convention in 2024 or 2025 should contact Pete Smith with a summary of their proposal, by August 31, 2020.
- We will add the summary of your proposal to this web site, for all to view, as soon as we receive it.
- If we have competing bids, we will initiate an informal, on-line vote to determine the best bid, in early September 2020.
- We will keep the narrow gauge community informed via this website and other social media channels.
Is this a perfect process? No - but it's the best that we can dream up! We look forward to perpetuating this wonderful tradition of National Narrow Gauge Conventions into the middle of the decade.
2024 - Pittsburgh
We have received a bid from Gary Kohler to host the 2024 National Narrow Gauge Convention in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, at the Double Tree by Hilton, Pittsburgh - Green Tree. Please click the link above to explore their proposal.